A conflict of interest may be deemed to exist under any of the following circumstances:
- Engagement of private activity similar to official functions;
- Using information and/or any material gained from official position for private gain;
- Exploiting the status and privileges of one’s position for private gain;
- Soliciting and/or accepting payment and/or any other consideration relating to the performance of or neglect of official duties;
- Conducting private business during work hours and/or on Government property;
- Engaging in transactions with relatives or family members, or an organization in which relatives or family members have interest;
- Ownership of investment or shares in any company or undertaking;
- Acting as auditors or directors of companies or societies.
Please note that this is by NO means an exhaustive list, but it gives an indication of the circumstances that may give rise to a conflict of interest.